Wednesday, August 16, 2017

What Were They Thinking?



I stayed up last night watching results from the Alabama US Senate race primary. Y'all know I'm from Alabama. I have family and friends there and so I have a vested interest in this race, even if I'm no longer a voter in Alabama. I was glad to see that Doug Jones won the Democratic primary, or at least it looked that way when I went to bed. Jones is a US Attorney for the Northern District of Alabama. He's a good solid Democrat who is well respected. Can he win a general election? I doubt it.  What I don't get though is the Republican primary. It looks like Roy Moore will be in a run off with incumbent Luther Stange or less likely Representive Mo Brooks. Moore though has the most votes, but thankfully not a majority. I don't like to wish ill of people, but I wish Roy Moore would die already. He's a fucking moron who is one of the leading opponents of LGBT rights in the country. After being removed from Cheif Justice of Alabama twice for judicial misconduct, he shouldn't be able to run for dog catcher, let alone the US Senate. He's a laughing stock, yet the people of Alabama want to vote him in, just like they did Trump. It's absolutely abhorrent in my opinion.

5 comments:

JiEL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JiEL said...

As what we witnessed with the Charlottesville events, it'll not be surprising that your «moron» Moore will win it ALL and will be elected to USA Senate.

Seems that ultra right ideas are in the air in USA.
As Alabama is in the racist states, no hope that its population would elect a Democrate in the Senate.

USA and more, its «president» (who now I name «45» because he's not a president to me) is showing the way to the KKK an White Suprematists of what kind of country "HE" wants to lead. When "HE" said that there were «nice people» in the gathering of those «déplorables» racist idiots, he just underline his way of misjudging people with his distorted old ideas of a white-straight-wealthy 71yo man.

«45» is not making «America Great Again» but internationally, he is showing how «MEANER» the USA are becoming: racist, sexist, anti-jew etc...

The ban of trans gender in USA army is just the tip of the iceberg of what he is cooking for LGBT rights in your country.

The worst is to come because those KKK are now encourage by «45».
Duke just thanked «HIM» for his «good words»... SIC !

If «45» continue his deplorable comments and tweets, "HE" will be
the one who will begin a civil war in USA.

Anonymous said...

We actually had an open and out progressive democratic candidate in the campaign. He got my vote

Joe said...

Anon, he'd have gotten my vote too.

Richard said...

Like you, I was appaled to see that Moore had won the majority of votes in the Republican pardty for the Senatorial race. Surely the people of Alabama will overturn this in the runoff. Please!!!!!!