Monday, May 9, 2016

Colton Haynes



I didn't have much to say today, but I'm still ecstatic that Colton Haynes came out. I had to go out and buy the Entertainment Weekly with the article in it. It was actually harder to find than I thought it would be. Luckily, Barnes and Nobles had a copy of it. In it he gives a quote that he says could be his mantra. It's from a writer named Ben Loory: "Once there was a man who was afraid of his shadow. Then he met it. Now he glows in the dark." I like that quote and I guess we all have to face our fears at some point in life or they just paralyze us. Haynes opened up about his lifelong struggle with anxiety, which he said led to hospitalisation, unemployment, and loss of friendships. It is somethin people should hear more about because mental illness can make people feel so abnormal when in fact millions suffer from various forms of mental illness.

Haynes, who is immensely popular and active on a number of social media platforms, has previously refused to discuss his sexuality and love life, although fans have often speculated about it. However, he has been an outspoken supporter of LGBT rights, sharing pictures and messages of support online of his gay brother Joshua and his husband Scott. In a Tumblr post posted earlier on Saturday, Haynes expressed excitement about 2016, saying he “can’t wait to live a happy/healthy life this year.”

“No fear this year,” he had tweeted on New Year’s Eve. “Cheers #2016.”



2 comments:

Michael Dodd said...

Love the Ben Loory quote! (And the photos, of course.)

JiEL said...

As I already told you here, Colton Haynes is such a all time fantasy to me.

I would be the perrrrrrrfect husband for me...

A FANTASY because his pictures and acting don't give the REAL Colton in life but I can only figure he must be so sweet.... MMMM!!!!