Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Purr-fection



When I lost HRH back in September, I thought that no cat would or could replace her.  I was mostly right.  HRH was unique in her loyalty, love, and benevolent reign.  She was a queen of cats, no single cat could ever come close to replacing her in my heart.  However, HRH's spirit must have guided me in choosing those who would try to fill her shoes, because I see so much of HRH in both Edith and Lucy.

Lucy is dainty.  She has a regal quality and a grace that HRH possessed.  When HRH was alive, you knew instantly when you entered her domain that she was the sole ruler of her domain and everyone else bowed to her rule.  Lucy is not quite as demanding of being worshipped like HRH was, but I see the potential.  When Lucy wants to be held, petted, or loved on, she does not take no for an answer.  HRH was the same way. When Lucy wants something, nothing will stop her from getting what she wants.  I've known HRH to smell the fear on someone and corner them until she got what she wanted, which was most often food.  Lucy is more vocal about what she wants, but no less demanding.  Lucy also doesn't strike fear into mortal humans as HRH could do so well.

Whereas Lucy is a beautiful cat, as was HRH, Edith is simply the cutest creature on earth.  With a bobtail, big ears, and long hind legs, she like a cross between a cat, a rabbit, and a dog.  As with HRH, Edith is completely fearless and very headstrong.  She will do what she wants and when she wants to do it.  Edith likes to sleep on my chest just like HRH always did.  She's a snuggled too.  For a cat as regal as HRH, she could at times be a total klutz, I believe this is why she led me to Edith.  Edith is incredibly klutzy, mainly because she moves so fast that she can't stop herself.  There is one major unique oddity about Edith: she's a theif.  If it can fit in her mouth, she is going to take it and hide it.  I have yet to find her hiding place.  You could never have her around a chess set like the one in the picture above, because she'd have grabbed a piece and run off with it before you could blink an eye.

So no single cat could ever replace HRH, but two are doing a mighty fine job.  I hope they are getting some guidance by HRH.

6 comments:

silvereagle said...

Meeeeooooowww! HJT approves and smiles with you.

silvereagle said...

As does HRH.......Damn auto correct!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are working out for you!!

Susan said...

I knew these two would find a secure place in your heart, right next to HRH. :-)

naturgesetz said...

That's wonderful.

:)

Anonymous said...

Those two ladies are definitely a blessing to you. They need you as much as you need them. And together you'll be happy.