Friday, September 26, 2014

Life Can Make a Liar Out of You


In my post on Wednesday, I discussed how I haven't been able to take a nap in the afternoon, even though I was tired.  Well, by the time school was over yesterday, I was so exhausted, I could barely hold my head up.  I think I might be coming down with something because I ached all over.  This was not just a headache, it was body aches. I wasn't running a fever though, which was good.  I got home, got undressed, and went straight to sleep.  I woke up a few hours later to check my phone for messages and to answer a phone call, then tried to go back to sleep, but this time I could only lay there.  I eventually got out of bed and got something to eat, then I went back to bed.  I did some reading, some work, and watched some TV.  Eventually, I fell back to sleep.  I hope I continue to feel better today.  I really don't want to be sick.  Sunday, I am supposed to go with my mother to see the 75th anniversary showing of Gone with the Wind.  I'm excited to see it in the movie theater, and to see my mother see it in the theater again.  She saw it on the 25th and 50th anniversaries.  It's her favorite movie and these tickets were part of her birthday from me this year.  So I need to be feeling better.

6 comments:

silvereagle said...

Hope you get to feeling better before watching Scarlet and Rhett for several hours!! Some rest, as much as possible, will be in order....and perhaps if you can find the guy in the photo to come by and rest with you ..that would lift your spirits for sure!

Michael Dodd said...

May you be well, may you and your mother happily enjoy the film and may your entire weekend be good. And never forget, we do give a damn!

Anonymous said...

Lawsie me, Miss Scarlett! I hope you get to feeling better! It might be the pollen -- ragweed is high in Chattanooga right now.

When you feel better - might want to do the flu shot since you're around a lot of students... ???

-Alan

GKS said...

PRAYERS, PRAYERS and more PRAYERS for you friend.

Susan said...

Please take care, Joe. And I agree about a flu shot. And yeah...the guy in the photo—yum!

naturgesetz said...

Hope you're all better.