Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Her Royal Highness



I have to keep HRH isolated from the other cats so that we can monitor her bathroom habits and eating more closely, so we have her in a large dog cage.  It's large enough to give her room to move around but small enough for her not to be too far from her essentials.  As soon as I got home yesterday, I opened the cage door, but she showed no interest in wanting to get out.  I finally got her out of the cage to see if she'd walk, which she did but he still can't put full weight on her back legs.  The steroids have not had enough time to bring down the swelling along her spine, but she was able to move more yesterday, though it obviously caused her a great deal of pain.  When she walked about three feet and them sat down and began to cry, I went and picked her up and just cuddled with her and stroked her.  She began to purr and seemed content.  When I got ready for bed, I put her back in the cage where I hope she slept peacefully through the night.  The night before I got up several times to check on her.

8 comments:

Michael Dodd said...

May peace, calm and healing come your way.

GKS said...

SO sorry. Will keep the PRAYERS arising all day today. Know that people DO care. Hugs. gk

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about HRH. Hopefully the meds will kick in and she'll start doing better soon.

-Alan
Chattanooga, TN

Anonymous said...

Hope HRH starts feeling better soon. Give her lots of love. You're both in my prayers. ❤️

naturgesetz said...

I hope HRH's pain and discomfort will soon be relieved by the treatment.

One of the things that makes it hard to see a pet suffer is that you can't explain things to them. But purring when you pick her up and hold her tells you that she knows and appreciates that you care.

Susan said...

Thinking of you and HRH today. Hoping the prayers help. So glad there was purring; always a good sign.

Amanda said...

More prayers and hugs for you and HRH.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and HRH. Every time I see a cat meme (and you know how often that is when you're an Internet addict like me), I think of y'all.

Peace <3
Jay